Tuesday, April 13, 2010

finally!

Over the past few years, I've mostly used this blog to share (perhaps vent is a better word) thoughts on my career. I've been working in the market research industry for about three years now. During that time, I've mostly felt like my job was a waste of time... other than the part where they give me a paycheck twice a month. As my past posts indicate, I've swayed from pretty severe disenchantment to resignation masked as contentment.

Almost as long as I've been in my current job, I've been looking for a new job that would allow me to do something I felt passionate about. Donnice (my wife) knew I wasn't happy, so she did a bit of searching too. She found one job listing that sounded just too perfect to be real. It was an energy efficiency consultant position that required project management and marketing experience. So, about two years ago, I applied for a job at Geavista Group. At that time, it was just two people and they were looking for a couple consultants to join their team. I had a phone interview, and it went well, but they decided to go with people who had a bit more relevant work experience.

I contacted them about a year later (May 2009) to see if they had any new positions available. They said that my timing was perfect, because they were looking to hire. I came in for two interviews, and it all went quite well. They said I'd be a great fit, but they decided not to hire anyone at the time. I kept in touch, and in March they called to invite me for another interview. They were ready to hire this time, and I was more than ready to take the job.

So, in early May, I'll be leaving my job at e-Rewards for a new career at Geavista. It's a completely new industry for me, and I don't really know what to expect, but I couldn't be more excited.

1 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Blogger Debbie said...

What do you know... you finally came up in my dashboard. I follow your blog you know!!!!

Well, this blog anyway. Congrats and I love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home